Monday, January 12, 2009

This is the Way the World Ends!!


(PLEASE click the picture to see it in entirety!!)
The world isn't really ending, I'm just quoting Cortana in Halo! It took me way too long to get this Post up (the story of my life). It didn't take me long to edit, I just procrastinated and also being an intermediate user of Paint Shop Pro, I had to figure out how to approach the image and what exactly i wanted to do.

So here it is, the end result of my costume, my portrayal of Cortana from Halo 3! If you've never played Halo or have never seen Cortana, click this link. I am happy with how it turned out. I came up with the idea 2 months before Halloween and then put it together within a month. I was painting it up to the last minute and went to two Halloween events. My friend Mike and his buddy Wolf had a huge party which was a lot of fun and I attended the Wags to Witches Ball. It is a Halloween Costume Ball to benefit the local Humane Society. At the ball there was a lot of older people there, so this meant no one plays video games and no one knew who I was. Then again, a lot of my friends didn't know who I was either. Haha. I was know as "Blue Girl" all night.
Of course I got a lot of looks just being a woman in a skin tight unitard!! Lol.

This is the first time I technically "made" a costume. I have received a lot of compliments on the costume and I really appreciate all of it! It really made me feel good to hear how people were impressed with how detailed it was and they couldn't believe I actually did it myself. If you ever search the web for Cosplay, you'd find that I am definitely not the first to portray the sexy A.I.!! I would love to wear the costume to a Sci-Fi Con and I want to put some more into the detail of the costume. I also want to do more detail with my makeup next time. The hands and feet took longer than i thought they would and the makeup would come off my lips and hands. Of course that is to be expected. Now if I only knew how to use a sewing machine. I would love to learn so I could make my own costumes. It would be great to incorporate this with making jewelry. The possibilities!!!

Anyway, if you've never seen my blog, the most recent posts show the progression of making the Cortana costume! So it's kind of backwards ;-)

No comments: